Mahr is married and has three children.
Ms. Mahr was first elected Fanwood's mayor in 2003.
and Organizations: The candidate is the vice president of the NJ Conference of
Mayors and a member of the Scotch Plains-Fanwood
Ministerium. She won the 2007 Union County Woman of Excellence
* Brought in more than $3 million in grant money since taking office;
* Lead economic development efforts in downtown Fanwood after 30 years of false starts;
* Expanded recreational opportunities for our seniors and youths;
* Passed a "McMansion" Ordinance to protect the residential character of Fanwood;
* Led the effort to find a location for our first-ever Fanwood Museum which opened this summer;
* Expanded shared services with surrounding township of Scotch Plains and school district;
* Renovated ball fields and tennis courts at LaGrande Park;
* Expanded sidewalk replacement program;
* Expanded communication with residents;
* Secured a "go green" grant from the state to seek ways for the borough to be more environmentally friendly in its buildings and with its new development;
* Rehabilitated the historic Kuran Cultural Arts Center with grant dollars.